The State of Michigan, Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs (MCACA), Arts Equipment and Bussing Grants are state-funded grant programs. These grant program offer funds to pay for arts equipment purchases or repairs up to $1500 and the cost of transportation to arts/culture activity up to $500.
The Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo, the Regional Regranting Agency for Region 8, serves the following seven counties in Michigan’s Southwest Prosperity Region: Berrien, Branch, Cass, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren.
- Guideline Release Date: Arts Equipment Guidelines FY21 | Bussing Guidelines FY21
- Arts Equipment Maximum ask: $1,500.00
- Transportation Maximum ask: $500.00
- Application Release Date: Open https://mcaca.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp to apply.
- Application Deadline Date: No deadline, funds are granted until funds are exhausted.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be accredited Michigan pre K-12 educational institution, public or non-public school, private school, home school, school district, intermediate school district/regional educational service agency or an accredited Head Start program.
- 2020 MCACA Final Reports: Please refer to your grant agreement.
- MCACA Media/Logo: CLICK HERE
- Acknowledgement Requirements and Promotional Toolkit: CLICK HERE
- Budget Template. This is a practice template. Please remember, save to desktop first, then open, revise, save as, etc… CLICK HERE
To read about other grant opportunities from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, click here to visit them online.
A portion of Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs funding is provided by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Arts Council Services
Consultations: The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Workshops: Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds workshops throughout Kalamazoo to assist applicants with understanding the grant’s specifications. Seasoned grant writers as well as first time applicants are all welcome to attend. Workshops are free and open to the public.
June 24, 2020 virtual workshop: please click here to view the video.
We are here to assist you with any grant related inquiries. Please email Kristen Chesak or call (269) 342-5059.
Individual Artist Grant Recipient Tax Information
Individual artist grant recipients are required to submit a W-9.
The Internal Revenue Code provides that the full amount of an individual artist grant is taxable to its recipient. For questions regarding income-tax liability, contact the Internal Revenue Service or a personal tax advisor.
Additional information on filing taxes as an individual artists.
Who Can, Who Should File Schedule C With the IRS
Taxes for freelancers, artists, writers…
Logos for Published Materials
Sample Itemized Budget
The Michigan Cultural Data Project
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Find your Michigan Senator
Find your Michigan State Representative