The State of Michigan, Michigan Arts and Culture Council (MACC), Region 8 Minigrant is our state-funded grant program. Minigrants provide up to $4,000 for locally developed, high-quality arts and cultural projects as well as up to $1,500 for professional and organizational development. These are special opportunities to address local arts and cultural needs, as well as increasing public access to arts and culture. Minigrants support a broad range of artistic expression from all cultures through projects which preserve, produce or present traditional or contemporary arts and culture and/or arts education.
The Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo, the Regional Regranting Agency for Region 8, serves the following seven counties in Michigan’s Southwest Prosperity Region: Berrien, Branch, Cass, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren.
- Guideline Release Date: Art Project Guidelines | Professional/Organizational Development Guidelines
- Project Maximum Ask: $4,000.00
- Professional Development Maximum Ask: $1,500.00
- Application Release Date: | FY23 Round I now open! Application is available online at macc.smartsimple.com.
- Application Deadline Date: Round I – August 3, 2022. | Round II – January 15, 2023
Not all regions have a Round II. Please check with your region to see if funding is available for the January deadline.
- Eligibility: Applicants are limited to registered non-profit organizations, pre K -12 schools, municipalities, located in the state of Michigan. Federal and State agencies are not eligible to apply. Professional Development grant requests are open to both non-profit organizations as well as Individual Professional Artists.
- 2022 MACC Final Reports: Please refer to your grant agreement. For Professional Development: Final Report Instructions; For Minigrant Arts Projects: Final Report Instructions
- MACC Media/Logo: CLICK HERE
- Acknowledgment Requirements and Promotional Toolkit: CLICK HERE
To read about other grant opportunities from the Michigan Arts and Culture Council, click here to visit them online.
A portion of Michigan Arts and Culture Council funding is provided by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Arts Council Services
Consultations: The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Workshops: Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds workshops throughout Kalamazoo to assist applicants with understanding the grant’s specifications. Seasoned grant writers as well as first time applicants are all welcome to attend. Workshops are free and open to the public.
For a current schedule of Grant Workshops click HERE.
We are here to assist you with any grant related inquiries. Please email Kristen Chesak or call (269) 342-5059.