Arts Fund of
The Arts Fund of Kalamazoo County, was established in 1986 through a Kalamazoo Community Foundation Initiative Grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. This grant is intended to support artists and artistic projects that remove barriers, provide access, and engage culturally diverse and historically excluded communities.
• Arts Project Grant Maximum Ask: $5,500.00
• Artist Support Grant Maximum Ask: $2,500.00
• Grant Guidelines: 2023 Arts Fund Grant Guidelines
• Individual Artist Application: APPLY HERE Arts Organization Application: APPLY HERE
• Application Release Date: Round I – July 17, 2023; Round II – December 18, 2023
• Application Deadline Date: Round I – September 15, 2023; Round II – February 16, 2024
• Final Report: A pdf of instructions can be found HERE. You can submit your final report online at: kalamazooarts.slideroom.com. Final report is due one year after receipt of award letter. Please review final report requirements upon receipt of your grant award.
Arts Council Services
Consultations: The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Workshops: Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds workshops throughout Kalamazoo to assist applicants with understanding the grant’s specifications. Seasoned grant writers as well as first time applicants are all welcome to attend. Workshops are free and open to the public.
For a current schedule of Grant Workshops click HERE.
We are here to assist you with any grant related inquiries. Please email Kristen Chesak or call (269) 342-5059.
Logos for Published Materials
Click here to be redirected to our Media Kit page
Sample Itemized Budget
Sample Itemized Budget for ACGK Grants
Sample Itemized Budget for MACC Grants
SMU Arts Data Project
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Find your Michigan Senator
Find your Michigan State Representative