Kalamazoo Artistic Development Initiative (KADI) Immediate Needs Minigrant, funded by the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation, provides funding for individual artists who have unanticipated, sudden opportunities to present their work to the public when there is insufficient time to seek other sources of funding, or incur unexpected or unbudgeted expenses for projects close to completion with committed exhibition, performance or deadline dates.
- Artistic Project or Professional Development Grant Maximum Ask: $500.00
- Grant Guidelines: KADI Immediate Needs Minigrant Guidelines
- Application: Ongoing grant program APPLY HERE
- Application Deadline Date: January 15, April 15, July 15 and October 15
- Final Report: CLICK HERE Final report is due 4 months after receipt of award letter. Please review final report requirements upon receipt of your grant award.
Arts Council Services
The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds a workshop to explain the grant’s specifications. We also offer workshops on a variety of arts administration areas, such as board development and accounting for nonprofit organizations.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018, from 4:30 – 6:00 pm (Register for Workshop)
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018, form 4:30 – 6:00 pm
If you have any questions regarding the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo’s grants, please contact Kristin Chesak at (269) 342-5059 or by email at email@example.com.
Individual Artist Grant Recipient Tax Information
Artist recipients of a grant from the Arts Council are required to submit a W-9.
The Internal Revenue Code provides that the full amount of an Individual Artist grant is taxable to its recipient. Some helpful articles on filing taxes as a working artist are below. For questions regarding income-tax liability, contact the Internal Revenue Service or a personal tax advisor.
Who Can, Who Should File Schedule C With the IRS
Taxes for freelancers, artists, writers...
Logos for Published Materials
Sample Itemized Budget
The Michigan Cultural Data Project
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Find your Michigan Senator
Find your Michigan State Representative