Kalamazoo Artistic Development Initiative (KADI), funded by the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation, is designed to support individual artists in their endeavor to develop themselves and their art through projects or professional development. Attention is paid, and weight is given, to the artistic merit of a project, or how a professional development opportunity will help further an artist’s career. There are two separate categories for this grant: Professional Development and Project Support.
• Arts Project Grant Maximum Ask: $5,000.00
• Artist Support Grant Maximum Ask: $2,500.00
• Grant Guidelines: 2022 KADI Grant Guidelines
• Professional Development Application: APPLY HERE; Project Support Application: APPLY HERE
• Application Release Date: Round I – March 14, 2022; Round II – October 14, 2022
• Application Deadline Date: Round I – May 17, 2022; Round II – December 16, 2022
• Final Report: A pdf of instructions can be found HERE. You can submit your final report online at: kalamazooarts.slideroom.com. Final report is due one year after receipt of award letter. Please review final report requirements upon receipt of your grant award.
Arts Council Services
Consultations: The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Workshops: Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds workshops throughout Kalamazoo to assist applicants with understanding the grant’s specifications. Seasoned grant writers as well as first time applicants are all welcome to attend. Workshops are free and open to the public.
For a current schedule of Grant Workshops click HERE.
We are here to assist you with any grant related inquiries. Please email Kristen Chesak or call (269) 342-5059.