Kalamazoo or Busk!
Blue Skies Busking is program of the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo designed to encourage the performing arts and provide an opportunity for entertainers to perform for the public and promote their bands, business, and profession. Entertainers are required to register in order to maintain compliance with special‐event outdoor entertainment policies set forth by the City of Kalamazoo. Blue Skies entertainers are not paid, but tipping is encouraged. Entertainers may include, but are not limited to the following: bands, solo musicians, singers, clowns, improv artists, etc.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Entertainers are required to apply through the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo for a permit each season.
- Entertainers need to submit a 2-5 minute (maximum) recorded video or audio file for review with their application.
- Entertainers must prominently display their Blue Skies permit during busking performances.
- Entertainers are responsible for their own amplification, for use only at pre‐approved sites.
- Entertainers under the age of 18 must-have consent from a parent/guardian, and if under the age of 15 there must be a parent or guardian present during all performances.
Due to high demand, performances during Art Hop evenings must be approved by the Arts Council at least 30 days in advance.
For complete program and application guidelines, please refer to the Program Information link below.
In 2023, when weather permits, approved Blue Skies entertainers are permitted to perform outdoors in pre‐approved locations (map included with permit) from April 15 through the end of October.
Email Kim Shaw or call (269) 342-5059.