Blue Skies – Kalamazoo or Busk!
Blue Skies – Kalamazoo or Busk!, is a program of the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo designed in an effort to encourage the performing arts and provide an opportunity for entertainers to perform for the public and promote their bands, business, and profession. Entertainers are asked to register in order to maintain compliance with special‐event outdoor entertainment policies. Blue Skies entertainers perform free‐of‐charge, but tipping is encouraged. Entertainers may include, but are not limited to the following: bands, solo musicians, singers, jugglers, clowns, improv, etc.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Entertainers are required to apply through the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo for a permit each season.
- Entertainers must prominently display their Blue Skies permit during busking performances.
- Entertainers are responsible for their own amplification, usable only at pre‐approved sites
- Entertainers under the age of 18 must have consent from a parent/guardian, and if under the age of 15 there must be a parent or guardian present during all performances
When weather permits, approved Blue Skies entertainers are permitted to perform outdoors in pre‐approved locations from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Performances are limited to the below time slots.
- Monday – Thursday: 11:30 am – 1 pm and 4:30 – 8 pm
- Friday: 11:30 am – 1 pm and 4:30 – 9 pm (Excluding Art Hop*)
- Saturday: 10 am – 9 pm | Sunday: Noon – 8 pm
*Due to high demand, performances during Art Hop evenings require special approval by the Arts Council, at least 30 days in advance.
Charlie Tomlinson, email@example.com or (269) 342-5059