Ballet Arts Ensemble and Artistic Director Cathleen Huling present NUTCRACKER 2015
Are you looking for an affordably priced holiday concert that will please the entire family? Look no further! BAE brings the magic and wonder of Nutcracker 2015 to the stage of Kalamazoo’s classic Chenery Auditorium on Saturday, December 5 (2 and 7 pm), and Sunday, December 6 (2 pm).
This community collaboration features:
– Guest celebrity Dr. Raymond Harvey in his BAE debut as Mother Ginger.
– Live music by members of the KSO, Daniel Brier conducting.
– Guest performers from the Kalamazoo Children’s Chorus and Suzuki Violin Academy.
– A local cast of more than 120 children and adults.
– Professional dancers in the principal roles of the Prince and the Sugar Plum Fairy.
A traditional favorite, BAE’s full-length productions about Clara and her nutcracker are noted for their attractive sets, lavish costumes, and the delightful choreography of Artistic Director Cathleen Huling. Our last two Nutcrackers were performed for sell-out crowds, and more than 8,000 people experienced a wonderful afternoon of dance and music that filled them with the spirit of the season.