View larger image
Installed in 1976
Owner: The City of Kalamazoo
Location: Bronson Park
About the Artist: While widely recognized as a sculptor, Newman was also a dedicated educator. He came to Kalamazoo in 1949 as part of the University of Michigan’s extension program. Newman believed community art programs could be as stimulating and rewarding as those offered at the college level. He recruited a dedicated group of teachers to help develop the Kalamazoo Institute of the Arts art school.
200 W. South St., Kalamazoo, MI, 49007