The State of Michigan, Michigan Arts and Culture Council (MACC), Arts Equipment and Bussing Grants are state-funded grant programs. These grant program offer funds to pay for arts equipment purchases or repairs up to $1500 and the cost of transportation to arts/culture activity up to $500.
The Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo, the Regional Regranting Agency for Region 8, serves the following seven counties in Michigan’s Southwest Prosperity Region: Berrien, Branch, Cass, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren.
- Guideline Release Date: Arts Equipment Guidelines FY22 | Bussing Guidelines FY22
- Arts Equipment Maximum ask: $1,500.00
- Transportation Maximum ask: $500.00
- Application Release Date: Open https://macc.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp to apply.
- Application Deadline Date: No deadline, funds are granted until funds are exhausted. Program closes April 30, 2022.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be accredited Michigan pre K-12 educational institution, public or non-public school, private school, home school, school district, intermediate school district/regional educational service agency or an accredited Head Start program.
- MACC Media/Logo: CLICK HERE
- Acknowledgement Requirements and Promotional Toolkit: CLICK HERE
To read about other grant opportunities from the Michigan Arts and Culture Council, click here to visit them online.
A portion of MACC funding is provided by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Arts Council Services
Consultations: The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Workshops: Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds workshops throughout Kalamazoo to assist applicants with understanding the grant’s specifications. Seasoned grant writers as well as first time applicants are all welcome to attend. Workshops are free and open to the public.
For a current schedule of Grant Workshops click HERE.
We are here to assist you with any grant related inquiries. Please email Kristen Chesak or call (269) 342-5059.