Kellogg Community College seeks sculptures for an outdoor exhibition to be displayed at various locations on the main campus, 450 North Avenue, Battle Creek, Michigan. Sculptures will be on display, open and free to the public, for twenty-four months with possibility for extended installation or purchase.
With the goals of increasing access to art, beautifying the campus and enriching our community, the Kellogg Community College Foundation’s Art on Campus Initiative will offer a $750 stipend for each sculpture selected from regional artists or artist teams. Stipends are to be used for general project expenses including transportation and installation/removal. Size of sculpture entries:
Kellogg Community College has numerous locations with 6’x6’ round poured concrete pads to accommodate larger sculptures. Photographs of poured concrete locations may be provided upon request.
• Note: There may be additional locations that could accommodate larger sculptures without pads depending on installation and anchoring considerations. In addition, there are several courtyard locations more appropriate for smaller scale freestanding or pedestal pieces.
Sculpture Submission Requirements and Selection Process:
• Each artist may submit up to 5 sculpture entries via digital photographs or detailed concept sketches.
- Each sculpture can be represented by two different angle or perspective photographs.
• Each submission should include artist’s name, contact info, title, dimensions and media.
• Sculptures must be weatherproof and designed to withstand environmental conditions for two years.
Care and maintenance of exhibited work is the responsibility of the artist.
• The artist is responsible for transportation and installation of selected artworks. KCC Facilities
Management will work with the artist to install the sculpture.
• If applicable, entry must include any special installation requirements.
• Sculpture may be offered for sale during exhibition, but must be exhibited at KCC for full twentyfour
months. Artists are responsible for handling of sales. No commission will be charged.
• Artists are responsible for removal of all artworks by prearranged date at end of exhibition. Art not
removed in a timely fashion will be subject to storage or disposal fees.
• Kellogg Community College will provide insurance while work is exhibited on campus.
• The Kellogg Community College Art on Campus committee will review and select entries. All work
must have strong visual appeal and complement or highlight the locations to be installed.
• KCC will provide publicity for each installed work of art; with entry into this exhibition it shall be understood to indicate an agreement on the part of the entrant, with all conditions set forth in this prospectus. This includes permission for Kellogg Community College to photographically
reproduce any of the installed sculptures for publicity and educational purposes.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 20, 2018
Notification of selections by early May, 2018
Installation of art: between June & July, 2018
Removal of art: May – June, 2020
Email supporting materials to:
Art Exhibits Director, Ryan Flathau
Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center
Kellogg Community College
269 565 7880