The mission of the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center (VCAC) is “to inspire, educate and enrich residents and visitors in Vicksburg, Michigan with artistic and cultural opportunities and experiences.” The VCAC has been operating as a project of the Village of Vicksburg for three years and just recently received its 501(c)(3) nonprofit status. This is an exciting time for the VCAC as it develops its role as a leader in the arts and culture scene in the vibrant, friendly village of Vicksburg. The VCAC Board of Directors is looking for an enthusiastic director who is ready to lead this young organization toward its intended destiny.
The Director will also support the Vicksburg Historical Society (VHS), established in 1967, and a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to “preserve, advance and disseminate knowledge of the history of the greater Vicksburg area through research, the preservation of artifacts, and the presentation of exhibits, programs and events.”The VHS Board of Directors is seeking a leader to assure that the VHS continues to fulfill its mission.
The Director will oversee the day-to-day administration and implementation of programs of the organizations. The Director will support the VHS’s operations through a contract administered by the VCAC. The position reports directly to the Boards of Directors of the VCAC and the VHS.
1) Board Governance: Works with Boards to fulfill the organizations’ missions.
- Responsible for leading the organizations in a manner that supports and guides the organizations’ missions as defined by the Boards of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Boards and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organizations.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Boards and staff to ensure that the missions are fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organizations’ missions
Participates in strategic planning to ensure that the organizations can successfully fulfill their missions into the future.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organizations are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of operations.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Nonprofit management experience, 1 year minimum
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the organizations’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Execute day-to-day operations including annual budget
- Recruit, schedule and supervise volunteers
- Recruit and maintain members for membership programs
- Assure publication and distribution of quarterly newsletter
- Assure marketing and publicity of programs and events
- Identify and assist with the development and funding of projects including assisting in potential grant(s) identification and other funding sources
- Attend Committee and Board meetings
- Prepare reports as required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
Benefits offered: Employee discounts, flexible schedules
To apply, go to: