The 2021 46th Stulberg International String Competition will be accepting applications from October 15, 2020 through February 1, 2021.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- Applications are reviewed by a panel of judges who will select twelve semifinalists and four alternates.
- Applicants will be notified of results no later than March 15, 2021.
- Twelve semifinalists will compete in person on Saturday, May 22, 2021, in Dalton Center Recital Hall on the campus of Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan before a panel of judges and an audience.
- Semifinalists will perform a selection from a required list of Bach and a movement(s) from a standard concerto.
- Six finalists will be chosen to perform in the competition finals on the evening of Saturday, May 22, 2021.
- The Stulberg Competition is open to students of violin, viola, cello or double bass.
- Applicants must be age 19 or under as of January 1, 2021. Proof of date of birth will be required if selected as a semifinalist.
- Current students of the 2021 Judges are not eligible to apply. 2021 Judges will be Mitchell Newman, Cynthia Phelps, Sara Sant’Ambrogio.
See Competition and Application Guidelines here.