Grand Rapids Community Media Center (CMC) is seeking a collaborative, innovative and energetic individual to serve as Director at our historic community venue Wealthy Theatre. We operate this Grand Rapids resource as a service to this community, assisting the public and organizations in putting on their own events. We also occasionally produce our own community-benefit events to bring together different aspects of our diverse community and to foster dialogue and engagement.
Wealthy Theatre is part of CMC, a nonprofit media organization which includes public-access television stations GRTV and LiveWire, community radio station 88.1FM WYCE and the local online news platform The Rapidian.
In addition to being a welcoming and engaging leader at CMC’s Wealthy Theatre, the director will need an ability to initiate innovative collaborations, as well as the business skills needed to ensure fiscal stability for the preservations of this historic venue and services.
Full job description at www.grcmc.org/jobs. Submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com with “Wealthy Theatre Director” in the subject line.
- The successful Theatre Director candidate will possess a passion for working collaboratively within this community as well as operate as a genuine and engaged team member with leaders in CMC’s other media program platforms.
- Oversee all venue operations, including collaborative, financial, legal and technical
- Manage a skilled staff of 3-4, plus various contractors, and maximize effective use of volunteers
- Maintain and grow community visibility and support through programming
- Serve as the public outreach agent of CMC’s Wealthy Theatre.
- Help establish and oversee financial budget and accounting for venue service operations
- Help initiate, design and implement fund development strategies (underwriting, major gifts, project grants), in coordination with Fund Development staff
- Engage the venue programming in collaborative activities with other CMC departments, Grand Rapids community organizations and residents
- Direct and monitor technical operations, including acquisition and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure legal compliance in all venue operations matters, such as simulcast/broadcast regulations, copyright and licensing issues, city regulations, licensing through MI Liquor Control Commission
- Active participation with the overall CMC management team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Experience in working with varied organizations and communities; connections to local organizations and projects
- Experience/knowledge in management of venue operations
- Passion for grass-roots, community-based endeavors
- Excellent writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Sufficient technical knowledge to oversee technical activities
- Ability to understand and insure necessary regulatory compliances
- Experience/knowledge in using social media and other digital content, to promote and market
This is a fulltime position. Salary DOQ. Health, dental, vacation benefits.
Interested parties should submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wealthy Theatre Director” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.