Kalamazoo Book Arts Center
The Kalamazoo Book Arts Center (KBAC) is seeking to hire a new Administrative Manager, responsible for general administration of the organization. This 20 hours/week position, with a salary of $400/week, reports to the Executive Director.
- Track all KBAC activities: intern hours, class counts, event counts, donor contributions, etc.
- Maintain KBAC calendar
- Complete various and miscellaneous other administrative tasks not outlined below
- Organize information for workshops and classes by collecting course details from the instructors and creating a class schedule 3x/year.
- update course brochures, working with the designer to develop the layout; supervise printing and distribution
- Receive and process enrollments, refunds, class counts, etc.
- Provide instructors with class lists and zoom links (if applicable)
- Provide tech support, when necessary for online classes
- Distribute, collect, and track class evaluations
- Develop and manage content strategy for social media platforms (currently FB and IG but expanding on YouTube and other platforms)
- Work with Studio Manager on social media calendar creating daily posts using interesting photography and engaging language driving people to events, classes, website, store and general interest
- Coordinate blog calendar and write blogs to support KBAC social media and activities
- Promote and publicize all KBAC classes and events in a timely manner, including issuing news releases, posting calendar announcements, and attracting media coverage
- Maintain contact databases
Sales and Marketing
- Develop and implement a strategy for online sales for existing and newly created KBAC products
- Secure new sales opportunities locally by selling products into retail outlets
- Support Executive Director in efforts to sell products to collectors and university libraries
- Apply to events and coordinate staffing, for in-person, off-site sales opportunities
- Develop onsite and offsite programs and workshops for local schools, libraries, corporate groups and private parties
- Write proposals and identify instructors for programs
- Respond to inquiries for private classes following up with class descriptions, fees, schedules, etc.
- Research grant opportunities
- Write grants
- Work with the Executive Director to see that grant applications are properly reviewed by the board; submitted on time; and followed up on with appropriate and timely reports to the granting agencies
- Log and track all contributions, both monetary and in-kind
- Track regular expenses and income in QuickBooks
- Track KBAC store income, handle merchant services, conduct banking
- Work with the Director to manage finances, including making regular payments and deposits
SCHEDULE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The hours for this position are 20 hours/week, scheduled in coordination with other staff members, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility with hours will occasionally be requested to help staff public events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in marketing/administration, preferably in an art or non-profit setting
- Proven experience in generating social media and online marketing campaigns
- Excellent writing skills for various applications including grant writing and social media
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, responsible, and efficient, and hold an appreciation for a non-profit environment
- Skills in a Mac-based environment required as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Eye catching photography/video skills for social media
- Basic skills with Constant Contact, Square Space, and the Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign) preferred.
Please send a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be addressed to Jeff Abshear, Executive Director. Finalists will be notified by the KBAC. No phone call or email inquiries, please. Applications will be accepted through May 7, 2023.
The KBAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, ability, origin, sexual orientation, religion, among other factors.