St. Joseph, MICH. – Krasl Art Center is pleased to announce a Gnome Competition as part of their annual Fall Fundraising event. The event is titled “Go Big or Go Gnome,” and promises a blend of competition, creativity, and community engagement. This event is set to captivate art enthusiasts and families alike, all while supporting the invaluable work of the Krasl Art Center and the Clay Artist Guild.
Individuals and groups are encouraged to share their artistic interpretation of a Gnome, whether indoors or outdoors. The competition opens October 9, 2023 and the deadline to submit is Wednesday, November 1, 2023 by 5 pm. The entry fee is $25 for individuals and $50 for groups or businesses. Prizes await the winners.
Voting will be open November 2 – 16 at 12 pm. Winners of the competition will be announced at Krasl’s Annual Meeting on Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:20 pm. Stay tuned to Krasl’s social media for more details regarding voting.
Guidelines to Participate include:
· Share your artistic interpretation of a Gnome.
· Participants are encouraged to create something that can be on display outdoors on Krasl grounds.
· Indoor gnome pieces should not exceed 2 feet tall/2 feet wide.
· Outdoor gnome displays are a minimum of 2 feet tall/2 feet wide and must be waterproof for up to two weeks.
· Can be made of any medium. Limited limitations: keep it family-friendly. Krasl wants to see participants use their imagination and think outside of the box.
· All entries must have a name and a title.
· Please provide a fun, brief description of your gnome with each submission (Not to exceed 150 words). Name, email, and phone number are also required.
· All Gnomes must be made and displayed in good taste. Any entrant designing their gnome to cause deliberate offense will be disqualified.
· Krasl is not responsible for any repairs or damages to participating artworks. In the unlikely event of damages or repairs, participants will be made aware by KAC staff.
Additional details for the “Go Big or Go Gnome” event include:
Dates & times:
· Thursday, November 2, 2023, 11am – 2 pm
· Friday, November 3, 2023, 11am – 2 pm
· Saturday, November 4, 2023, 10 am – 3 pm
Location: Krasl Art Center, 707 Lake Boulevard, St. Joseph, MI 49085
· FOOD: Indulge in delectable fare from food trucks stationed on KAC grounds for lunch, including Taste of Freedom, Sammy Arepas, and Ben’s Pretzels.
· FUN: Witness the imaginative entries in the Gnome Competition, and take part in a Gnome Art Activity for just $5 (or bring it home to make with the family!)
· SHOP: Explore a treasure trove of offerings at the Annual Clay Artist Guild Sale, in The Shop, and from a diverse range of talented artists.
· RAFFLE: Stand a chance to win spectacular prizes by participating in our raffle.
· Thursday Evening, November 2, 2023: For those unable to attend the daytime festivities, visit Zoup at 119 Main Street, St. Joseph, MI from 4 – 7 pm for a Give Back Night in support of Krasl Art Center.
· Friday, November 3, 2023: Join us for a fun costume contest and a chance to win for those who come dressed as a Gnome. Head to The Buck Burgers and Brews at 412 State St, St Joseph, for a Second Give Back night from 4 pm to close.
· Saturday, November 4, 2023: Don your Gnome attire and vie for the prize in our costume contest.
For more information and to submit your gnome, please stay tuned to Krasl Art Center’s social media channels or visit our website at https://krasl.org/go-big-or-go-gnome/