3 Different Competition Categories! 3 AWESOME $500 Cash Awards!
- Deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday, May 5, 2021 (11:59 pm EST).
- Application form, audition video, and application fee must be submitted together online at KalamazooBachFestival.org. Paper applications or CDs will not be accepted.
- Application fee is $10 USD payable via credit card only
- Total Cash Prizes: $1,500
- First Prize in Classical/Art Song/Opera: $500.00
- First Prize in Musical Theater/Jazz/American Songbook: $500
- First Prize in Contemporary/Pop/Rock/Folk/Hip Hop etc.: $500
- All materials must be submitted together when you apply.
- All videos must be submitted at least 1920×1080 resolution (most smart phones already record in this resolution).
- Important! Please dress as if this is a performance. If you are selected as a finalist and do not intend to send a new recording for the finalist’s public concert, this initial video will be the one used for the final competition.
VIRTUAL CONCERT PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY:
- The top nine selected finalists (three from each category) will be featured in the Bach Festival’s Young Vocalist Finalist Virtual Concert on Wednesday May 26 at 7 pm, as a premiere event on our YouTube Channel.
- Finalists will be notified by phone and email no later than Monday, May 10.
- Finalists may submit a new piece for the final competition by Saturday May 22, or use their original submission for the final competition.
- First prize winners and runners-up will be announced on Thursday, May 27, 2021.
- First place winner of each category may be invited to perform live with the Kalamazoo Bach Festival as a featured soloist for its 75th season celebration in 2021-2022. This will depend on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and as the soloists’ schedule allows.
- You must be currently enrolled in a Michigan High School or Home School in the state of Michigan.
- You may compete in more than one category but you must enter with a different piece of music.
- Only one entry per category. You may not win first place two years in a row in the same category.
- Time limit is 7 minutes per song.
- Entrants may prepare one song from each of the competition categories for a maximum of three entered songs.