Grow in Kalamazoo
The MAGIK program is specifically intended to fund collaborative efforts between community groups or neighborhood associations, and artists and arts organizations that are working with youth. These projects should result in the growth and development of the youth involved and have a meaningful impact on the neighborhood or community in which the project takes place.
- Collaborative Arts Project Maximum Ask: $9,000.00
- Grant Guidelines: MAGIK Guidelines
- Application: APPLY HERE
- Application Deadline Date: This is a rolling deadline. Applications are accepted at any time and reviewed within 30 days of receipt.
- Final Report: CLICK HERE Final report is due 24 months after receipt of award letter. Please review final report requirements upon receipt of your grant award.
Arts Council Services
The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds a workshop to explain the grant’s specifications. We also offer workshops on a variety of arts administration areas, such as board development and accounting for nonprofit organizations.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018, from 4:30 – 6:00 pm (Register for Workshop)
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018, form 4:30 – 6:00 pm
If you have any questions regarding the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo’s grants, please contact Kristin Chesak at (269) 342-5059 or by email at email@example.com.
Individual Artist Grant Recipient Tax Information
Artist recipients of a grant from the Arts Council are required to submit a W-9.
The Internal Revenue Code provides that the full amount of an Individual Artist grant is taxable to its recipient. Some helpful articles on filing taxes as a working artist are below. For questions regarding income-tax liability, contact the Internal Revenue Service or a personal tax advisor.
Who Can, Who Should File Schedule C With the IRS
Taxes for freelancers, artists, writers…
Logos for Published Materials
Sample Itemized Budget
The Michigan Cultural Data Project
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Find your Michigan Senator
Find your Michigan State Representative