Arts Fund of
The Arts Fund of Kalamazoo County, was established in 1986 through a Kalamazoo Community Foundation Initiative Grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. This grant is intended to support artists and artistic projects that remove barriers, provide access, and engage culturally diverse and/or underserved communities.
• Arts Project Grant Maximum Ask: $5,000.00
• Artist Support Grant Maximum Ask: $2,000.00
• Grant Guidelines: 2018 Arts Fund Grant Guidelines
• Individual Artist Application: APPLY HERE Arts Organization Application: APPLY HERE
• Application Release Date: Round I – June 15, 2018; Round II – December 14, 2018
• Application Deadline Date: Round I – September 15, 2018; Round II – February 15, 2019
• Final Report: CLICK HERE. Final report is due one year after receipt of award letter.
Please review final report requirements upon receipt of your grant award.
Arts Council Services
The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds a workshop to explain the grant’s specifications. We also offer workshops on a variety of arts administration areas, such as board development and accounting for nonprofit organizations.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018, from 4:30 – 6:00 pm (Register for Workshop)
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018, form 4:30 – 6:00 pm
If you have any questions regarding the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo’s grants, please contact Kristin Chesak at (269) 342-5059 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual Artist Grant Recipient Tax Information
Artist recipients of a grant from the Arts Council are required to submit a W-9.
The Internal Revenue Code provides that the full amount of an Individual Artist grant is taxable to its recipient. Some helpful articles on filing taxes as a working artist are below. For questions regarding income-tax liability, contact the Internal Revenue Service or a personal tax advisor.
Who Can, Who Should File Schedule C With the IRS
Taxes for freelancers, artists, writers…
Logos for Published Materials
Sample Itemized Budget
The Michigan Cultural Data Project
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Find your Michigan Senator
Find your Michigan State Representative